BG448 4 x 48 inch industrial abrasive belt grinder
The BG448 4 x 48 industrial abrasive belt grinder uses a powerful 3HP 1PH 110 or 220V and or 3PH 220V or 460v (specify phase and voltage at time of order) has a 8″ x 4″ serrated 70 duro contact wheel, multi position grinding head, reversible and replaceable steel plate, has a 4″ x 10″ work space, 7200 SFPM, quick belt change mechanisim and adjustable 8″ x 8″ cast iron work table with a 5/8 slot. The high 7200 surface speed allows for quick metal removal with minimal heat!
To change the grinding head position there is an access points that are two holes located on the hub of the contact wheel. All you need to do is place your Allen Wrench into the hole loosen the socket head caps screws slightly, tilt to desired position and then re-secure.
The BG448 4 x 48 inch grinder was designed for a customer specific grinding application.
BG448 4 x 48 inch industrial abrasive belt grinder specifications
- Multi-position belt grinding head from. (From vertical to horizontal and any position in between).
- 4″ x 48″ abrasive belt.
- Quick belt change mechanism.
- 3HP 1PH TEFC motor, 110 or 220V (specify at time of order) and or 3PH 220v or 440V (specify voltage at time of order) 7200 SFPM.
- Adjustable 8″ x 8″ cast iron work table with a 5/8th slot.
- Platen work surface: W 4″ x H 10″.
- 8″ x 4″ 70 duro serrated contact wheel.
- 1 phase amp draws: 115V FLA is 24 amps and 230V FLA 12 amps
- 3 phase amp draws: 230V FLA is 8.4 amps and 480V FLA 4.2 amps
- Full work movement from left to right.
- Removable and reversible steel platen.
- Machine dimensions: L 14″ x W 18″ x H 26″.
- Weight: 228 LBS (with stand)
Other 4 x 48 inch belt grinder units
- BG448S 4 x 48 belt grinder with steel stand
This grinding unit is designed to be used for the following but not limited to the following applications
- Bevel and Deburr
- Square an End
- Round Corners
- Flat work
All parts that Kalamazoo Industries manufacture’s for this 4 x 48 inch belt grinder are replaceable no matter the age of this unit and all parts are kept in stock.
Where this unit heavy duty sander can be used
This abrasive belt grinder is great for sharpening blades, knives, fabrication shop, machine and various other heavy duty grinding applications.