Useful Tips and Tricks For Your Kalamazoo Industries Industrial Equipment
We want to help you when and however we can with our equipment. We want to make sure that you are successful and can get the most out of the Kalamazoo equipment. Below we’re putting together “Useful Tips and Tricks For Your Kalamazoo Industries Industrial Equipment” that we’ve developed or discovered over the years.
We will be covering a variety tips and tricks topics that will assist you in maintaining your Kalamazoo Industries equipment. Those topics include but not limited to the following:
- How to measure your sanding belt
- Weekly cleaning
- How to check for crown on your pulley
- Part placement in cutoff saw
How to measure your sanding belt:
Do you have a belt sander from Kalamazoo Industries and your sanding belt is worn out and you need to replace it, but the problem is your not sure what the belt length is below are a couple of examples of how to figure out what.
Example One: take the used sanding belt off the belt sander cut the belt from end to end that will give you the length. You will also want to measure the width of the belt. (Example A)
Example Two: On a new belt you will want to flatten the belt measure from end to end then times it by two. For example for a 1 x 42 inch belt (21 x 2 = 42) then measure the width is 1″ that will give you a the overall belt measurement of 1″ x 42″. (Example B)
Cleaning Your Dust Collector
Cleaning your vacuum daily is important a few different reason. In this “Useful Tips and Tricks For Your Kalamazoo Industries Industrial Equipment” post we will cover those very reason “Why you should clean your vacuum daily”.
- Cleaning your dust collector daily will help you extend the life of the motor and filter. The longer you go without cleaning more debris will collect on the filter. This will stop air getting through the filter and burn up the motor.
- A fire could be started in the cabinet. Typically when we see fires is when you mix different materials, for example: metal and wood or metal and aluminum.
- The longer you go without cleaning the dust collector the longer it will take to clean, which mean’s non-productive down time.
Stand by for more maintenance topics and other useful topics in this blog “Useful Tips and Tricks For Your Kalamazoo Industries Industrial Equipment”.