Kalamazoo 2FSM 2 x 48 inch belt sander
Kalamazoo 2FSM 2 x 48 inch belt sander
Tired of replacing your imported abrasive 2 x 48 inch belt sanders every few years because the parts that need to be replaced such as the pulley’s, platen, work table and or motor aren’t working any longer and or that unit has been discontinued?
The Kalamazoo 2FSM heavy duty industrial electric sander and also is a great woodworking machine for doing, blending, smoothing and finishing that’s manufactured right here in Kalamazoo Michigan and uses a powerful 1/2HP 1PH 110V TEFC motor (We also have a 2FSM 2 x 48 inch belt sander with a 1HP 1PH 115V motor as well).
All main components of the Kalamazoo Industries 2FSM industrial sanders are replaceable regardless of the units age. This 2 x 48 inch belt sanding tool again comes standard with the 1/2HP 1PH motor (1 horse power motor available as well), steel platen, idler (top) pulley and a (aluminum pulley is available as well. Call for pricing), drive (bottom) pulley and a (aluminum drive pulley is available as well. Call for pricing.), steel work table and belt guard.
This is a huge benefit for the customer because you don’t have spend a whole bunch of money on a new heavy duty belt sander because of a warn out part. All you have to do is go to our online parts store and select the parts that need to be replaced and get them on order. If you don’t see the part and or parts that you need to replace give us a call at (269) 382-2050 and we can help you over the phone.
What’s also really cool about this heavy duty belt sanding tool is that it has a multi position belt sander head so you place the head any, various positions such as horizontal and vertical, a removable work steel table, steel platen so you can slack belt sand, a lever that allows for a quick sanding belt change and two in one knob. This knob not only allows the operator to track the belt but when the tension shaft and pulley need to be change all you have to do is remove that knob completely and that will allow those two parts to be removed.
This heavy duty industrial electric sander is great for a sanding various ferrous and non-ferrous metals and non-metals such as wood and plastic quickly with the right 2 x 48 inch belt.
Kalamazoo 2FSM 2 x 48 inch belt sander capable of doing but not limited to
- Stock removal
- Blending scratch patterns
- Final finishing
- Great for removing loose paint (use proper safety equipment).
General belt sander maintenance tips
- Pay attention to the condition of the belt and replace when you see heavenly worn areas or torn areas.
- Give your belt sander a good cleaning at the end of the every job to keep from debris building up. That means taking an air hose with nozzle and use it to blow out all debris after every job.
- Once a week tear down your machine and give a complete cleaning. Doing this will extend the life of the unit. Grit and dirt won’t be working it’s way in to the nook and crannies of the unit and wearing it out.
- Inspect the electrical plug and other connections to make sure that there is positive connections and isn’t any loose wires or connections.
- Check drive pulley for any cracks and or general wear and tear. (Always keep ware items on the shelf so your down time is kept to a minimum).
- Check your belt tension and belt changing system working properly.
- Check all belt guarding once every couple of weeks to make sure its not damaged and functioning properly.
Kalamazoo 2FSM 2 x 48 inch belt sander be used?
This Kalamazoo Industries multi use heavy duty industrial belt sanding tool is designed to be used in various shops sanding or cleaning up various materials such as wood, aluminum, brass, steel and plastic. Again because these sanding units are designed to accommodate different styles of belts. So to name just a few shops they are as follows: woodworking shops, shops doing finishing or analyzing work, automotive shops, big shops, small shops, metalworking shops and frankly any shop that has 115V power.
Kalamazoo 2FSM 2 x 48 inch belt sander Replacement part store
Having your belt sander down isn’t good for productivity. Because that down time will put you behind. We always stress to any of our customers to regardless of what machine they are using is to have an extra set of ware parts such as pulley’s, bearings and drive spindles to name just a few of those ware items on the shelf. Then once you put those replacement parts on your machine reorder those ware parts.
To get those replacement components for this tool on order click here to be taken to the 2FSM electric sander online parts store. You can order when you want to, because everything is done online. Plus you don’t have to worry about those replacement parts fitting. Most main components generally ship in one to two business days. Again all the replacement parts are MADE IN Kalamazoo Michigan.
Five things that you need to look for in a high quality sander
- Does your belt sander have a quick belt change mechanism that will allow you to change the sanding belt quickly?
- Where is the motor being manufactured.
- Ball bearings in the the top pulley are sealed.
- Quick change steel idler pulley.
- What’s the tools material made out of that make up the components that go into manufacturing that belt sander.?
- Are replaceable parts available for the belt sander?
- Full boxed guard is available.
- Safety. Is your machine guarded safe to use? They need to be guarded properly but not to the point where all the guarding doesn’t allow you to use the belt sander.
Things to know…..
- We use a 1/2HP 1PH 115V TEFC motor (other voltages and horse power units available).
- All steel construction.
- Easy tracking.
- Quick and easy belt changing mechanism.
- Non-replaceable sealed ball bearings in idler pulley.
- Multi position sanding head.
- Removable and adjustable steel platen and work table.
- All major components are replaceable regardless of the sanders age.
- All belt styles can be used to get your desired finish.
- Manufactured in Kalamazoo, MI 49048.
- Click here to download your free maintenance check list.
If you have a sanding application that a 2 x 48 inch multi position metal belt sanding tool can’t accommodate for whatever reason check out what sander might be appropriate for your application by clicking here? Click here to see all of our belt sanders and give us a call at (269) 382-2050 to discuss your application so we can recommend the correct sander for you and your metal removing application.
To learn more about the 2FSM industrial machine click here to be redirect to it’s web page.