Industrial wood working belt sanders
Industrial wood working belt sanders
Kalamazoo Industries manufactures several size industrial wood working belt sanders starting at 1 inch and go all the way up to 14 inch wide belts to be used in various wood working applications such as joint clean up and flattening.
Several of our belt sanders either can be placed in a or horizontal and or vertical position (S4S and S4SV) and the 2FSM, S6M, S6MS, S6MV, S6MS-5, S6MW, S660M, S660MS, S660V and S612 and S612V have multi position sanding heads. To adjust the sanding head all you need to is one tool an Allen Wrench. Once you get the multi position belt sanders in your desired position secure your sander and then get to work.
Don’t forget our belt sanders are also available with a dust collection system below are a few of those systems. Don’t forget to contact us for pricing!
1SM – click here to be redirected to that page.
2FSMV – click here to be redirected to that page.
S4SV – click here to be redirected to that page.
S6MV – click here to be redirected to that page.
S460MV – click here to be redirected to that page.
In addition each of the Kalamazoo Industries heavy duty belt sanding tool, this equipment can accommodate many different belt type so you can achieve your desired finish. To name just a few that you can use on theses sanding tools are: Scotch Brite and Trizact belts.
The Kalamazoo heavy duty 1 x 42 inch up to 2 x 48 inch sanders have a removable steel work table and platen so you shape and do joint clean up, beveling and rounding an edge with ease and the Kalamazoo 6 x 48 inch up to 14 inch x 103 inch belt sanders were designed to flatten surfaces, joint clean up, beveling and rounding an edge.
Our 6″ belt sanders and larger platens are reversible and replaceable so one side wares out you flip it over and use the other side and once the other side is worn out you replace the steel platen.
These industrial sanding equipment can do the follow but not limited to the following applications…..
- Bevel an Deburr
- Square and End
- Round Flat Corners
- Heavy stock removal (8″ belt sander and on up)
What to look for in a high quality belt sander….
- Motor being used to run the sander.
- Material that goes into manufacturing the equipment.
- Replacement parts availability and where are those replacement parts manufactured.
- Even though this doesn’t go into the manufacturing process but after sales support and technical support if any issues arise.
- If your belt sander has bearings be sure to make sure they are sealed bearings. This type of bearing is desired so not only do your bearings last longer but you won’t have to keep greasing them.
- Type of switch is being used on your belt sanders. Typically the larger units (not all) will have a magnetic switch.
- What is the machine guarding made out of?
- Does the sander allow for other types of belts to be used on the machine such as Scotch-Brite.
Simple things to remember….
- When sanding with wood and or any other materials on the same belt sander make sure you clean out your vacuum system if your sander has it or you attached your sander to a vacuum system so it doesn’t catch on fire.
- Clean your vacuum system and belt sander frequently so they operate properly for many years to come.
- Whatever belt size that your belt sander is there are many different varieties of belts. There are belts that are designed to be used with wood, metal and non-ferrous metals. Do your research prior purchasing so you don’t waist your money.
- Prior to turning on your belt sander check all connection points to make sure everything is nice and snug.
- All over our belt sanders can accommodate various styles of belt. We do this so you can achieve your desired finish.
- When you first receive your sanding unit whether it’s by LTL truck, FedEx and or UPS check for damage. If there is machine damage refuse shipment. Be sure to file a claim with that trucking company.
- When replacing the sanding belt make sure you check the age of the belts in the box. Depending how the belts are made the joint may or may not hold up.
Having replacement parts for all of your industrial sanding tools important so if your tool breaks down your down time is kept to a minimum. To help you keep your machine running we designed our equipment so you can replace parts quick and easy. All parts that Kalamazoo Industries manufacture’s for our industrial sanding tools are replaceable no matter the age of this unit. In addition all standard parts are kept in stock so they will ship quickly. Click here to be taken to the Kalamazoo Industries online parts store.
Each of these heavy duty wood working sanders have vacuums available that can be purchased with the sander or at a later date. Secondly there are replacement parts available for each of these units regardless of age.
Further more these sanders are designed to be used in many different types of shops whether its a woodworking shop, fabrication shop and even a machine shop.
For information regarding abrasive belts check out the article that we’ve post a few weeks back “Having the right belt for your application”
To locate your nearest Kalamazoo Industries machine dealer contact us for your area Kalamazoo Industries. Our telephone number is (269) 382-2050.