1 inch industrial belt sanders
The 1SM 1 inch industrial belt sander is heavy duty versatile industrial machine for metal that’s designed for every size workshop that’s going to be sanding just about everything with the right sanding belt such as metal, brass, bronze, plastic and or even wood so long as you put the correct 1″ x 42″ belt.
What makes the 1SM 1 inch sander great, is the belt size. You can fit the 1 inch belt tight sanding areas so you don’t have to hand sand those areas.
You can do several different metal removal operations such as deburring, beveling and rounding an edge on various ferrous and non-ferrous materials.
Kalamazoo Industries offers a two different 1 inch sanders.
1SM feed back
To see some non solicited feed back on the 1SM 1 x 42 inch belt sander check out Sander Solutions web site and you can can do that by clicking here.
What application belt sanders are designed for….
The Kalamazoo Industries 1 x 42 inch belt sander is a great piece of equipment for
- Blending surfaces
You can do various other clean up applications but above is just a few operations that can be done but aren’t limited to on this industrial machine.
The first Kalamazoo Industries 1 inch sander option is the 1SM 1 x 42 inch belt sander: This heavy duty machine comes standard with as a 1 x 42 inch sanding unit, 1/3HP 1PH 110V TEFC motor, easy tracking, removable work table and platen.
The second 1 inch belt sander option that Kalamazoo Industries is the 1SMV 1 x 42 inch sander with vacuum base. This machine comes with the same 1/3HP 1PH 110V TEFV motor, easy tracking, removable work table and platen. This unit includes a 1PH 110V vacuum base which will help you keep your work area cleaner.
Things to know….
- The motor being used on the 1SM is 1/3HP 1PH 115V TEFC motor.
- All steel construction.
- Non replaceable sealed ball bearings in the idler pulley.
- Removable and adjustable steel platen and working table.
- All major components are replaceable.
- Shipping weight is 35 lbs so it ships UPS.
- AMP draw at 115V is 5.4 FLA
- Also available in 1PH 208V and 220V.
- Designed to sand: metal, wood along with other ferrous and non-ferrous materials.
- MADE in KALAMAZOO, MI 49048.
Kalamazoo Industries industrial machine replacement parts
Having replacement parts at hand for this industrial machine is important so there is minimal down time for you, so you a get back to working and finishing whatever project your currently working on. Depending where you located in the United States it could take about three to five business days to reach you place of business. So keeping the most important items on the shelf so you get get back up and running quick is very important.
What we’ve done is added an online parts store so you can order your parts 24/7 365 days a year so your can ship the following business day. When painting yellow unfortunately that takes at least 24 hours to dry so please plan accordingly.
I would suggest a few parts to keep on the shelf such as: bearings, pulley’s, v-belts, platens, switches, filters, work tables and guarding.
To get those parts on order today you can order online with a credit card click here to be taken to our online parts store or by calling us at (269) 382-2050.
Things to know about this 1 inch industrial belt sander…..
- Our 1 x 42 inch belt sanders are designed to accommodate various styles of belts so you can achieve your desired finish.
- All parts of the belt sander is replaceable regardless of the sanders age.
- All of our equipment is designed, manufactured and assembled in Kalamazoo, MI 49048.
Types of joints in sanding belts
There a few different types of joints that you’ll see in sanding belts which is the butt joint and the lapped joint.
The butt joint typically leaves a smoother joint. Because how the lapped joint is manufactured there will be a bump in the joint. On the other hand the lapped joint can be stronger but over time the belts will come apart at the joint due to glue or tape failure.
Maintaining your belt sander check list….
- Pay attention to sanding belts for an tears, rips and or general ware.
- Clean out all nooks and crannies after every use, so the machines performance is hindered because of debris build up.
- Pay attention to machine pulleys for any general wear.
- Pay attention to the crown on the lower pulley. The crown keeps the belt tracked. If that crown disappears the machine won’t track.
- Inspect all electrical connections.
1 inch industrial belt sanders conclusion
What’s great about the Kalamazoo 1SM 1 x 42 inch sanders that these machines can accommodate any 1 x 42 inch belt so you can achieve your desired finish when your sanding wood, metal and plastic plus you can run the unit without the platen and work table if you want the sanding belt to better meet the part shape and again fit in any size work shop. So check out the Kalamazoo 1SM 1 x 42 inch sander by clicking here to learn more about this sander Call us at (269) 382-2050 to find your closest Kalamazoo dealer to get your 1 inch electric belt sander on order TODAY!
If you need a sander larger than 1 inch click here to check out all the other sanders that we manufacture.