Having the right belt sander for your application
Having the right belt sander for your application is important and things that you need to think about prior to making your belt sander purchase.
- First: you should think about is belt quality (good, better and best). The better the belt quality is, the longer they last.
- Secondly: what are you looking to do? Do you want to do general deburring? Are you looking to blend welds? And or polish for material analysis?
- Third: what material will you be working with? Will you be working with carbon steel which an aluminum oxide belt would get the job done? And or will you be working with a super alloy which you will need a ceramic alumina belt to get the job down because the hardness of the material.
- Fourth: how much deburring will you be doing? Will you be doing lite deburring and or wanting to.
- Fifth: What is the material of that particular made out of? Is is made up of steel, aluminum and or plastic?
- Sixth: What material is the main sander body made out of?
- Lastly: does your application require you to sand wet and or dry? Dry belts for dry sanders are manufactured differently, than belts for wet sanding machines.
Other things to consider when purchasing a belt sander
- Where is that belt sander being produced? All of Kalamazoo belt sanders are produced and designed in Kalamazoo Michigan.
- Are there replacement parts available for that belt sander? We have replacement parts available for all of belt sanders. Click here to be redirected to the store.
- If the belt sander is manufactured here in the States where are the parts produced? Most of our parts that go into producing our belt sander are manufactured in our machine shop here in Kalamazoo, Michigan and or manufacturing in the States.
- What material goes into producing our equipment. When manufacturing our belt sander (depending on the size of the sander) we use steel, cast iron and some plastic.
- When changing belts on your sanding equipment. How is it done? There isn’t anything special about belt changing on our sanding equipment. Except it’s quick and simple.
- Customer service and technical support. Our customer service and technical support is based in Kalamazoo, Michigan. And yes we speak English.
To sum things up. Having the right belt for your belt sander is important so you get the finish that you desire with the material that you’re working with.
So give us a call at (269) 382-2050 so we can best help you find the solution for your sanding application and go to our website to check out what belt sanders we have to offer by clicking here.