Why isn’t my abrasive cutoff saw not cutting my material correctly?
Why isn’t my abrasive cutoff saw not cutting my material correctly? We get this question on a regular basis from many of our customers who have purchase a cutoff machine who are having issues and or soon to be customers who are looking to purchase a abrasive cutoff saw:
- We have to start off first with the material that your cutting? The type of steel that your industrial chop saw is going to be cutting, size of the material, solid or tubing and or hardness of the material that your cutting.
- Then secondly we have to move on to the cutoff saw that you have purchased to cut your material. Is there enough horse power driving that industrial abrasive saw enough? You have to remember you have mild steel being generally soft to the alloy’s which tends to be hard. Just because the size of the machine was designed to cut the material but the horse power that drives that saw may not be enough to handle that material
- Now we move onto part placement. When we go to fixture you material you’ll want to place it front of blade center. If it’s behind of blade center the blade will bounce and possibly cause other issues. So take the time to fixture part correctly.
- Fourth we have to take a look at how the wheel is manufactured. Typically dry cutting you want a reinforced wheel and wet cutting typically under 14 inches are non-reinforced. Any dry cutting you will want to use a reinforced wheel because they wont talk on you. Also how is the wheel manufactured. Usually the lower blade quality issues tend to crop up. Such as wheel is to hard or not properly manufactured. So it’s worth spending a few extra dollars to have a high quality blade.
- Lastly: we then focus on the abrasive cutoff wheel. General rule of thumb is harder the material is, the softer the abrasive cutoff wheel needs to be and the softer the material is the harder the wheel needs to be. Each abrasive cutoff wheel will cut your material differently so there will be some trial and error to find the correct wheel that will cut your material. To help you this we recommend contacting your local abrasive cutoff wheel expert. So give us a call at (269) 382-2050 and we’ll point in the right direction of who you should contact.
Above list of things to go over will help you answer “Why isn’t my abrasive cutoff saw not cutting my material correctly?”
We sell general purpose cutoff wheels designed to cut mild steel only. If your cutting specialty material such as inconel and hastelloy give us a call at (269) 382-2050 and we will need test parts to see which blade will work best with your materials.
To order the general purpose cutoff wheels click here to be taken to our online parts store to get those blade on order.
To best help you with your application give us a call at (269) 382-2050. We can be reached Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 4:30pm EST. Also visit our abrasive chop saw page by clicking here.
contact us for pricing and or application questions. we can be reached at (269) 382-2050. Subscribe to the Kalamazoo Industries youtube channel and click the notification bell to be alerted when we upload new [...]