How to get the most out of your Kalamazoo Industries belt sander
We will cover a few things that you should do to get this most out of your Kalamazoo Industries heavy duty abrasive belt sander:
- Using the right sanding belt for your sanding job. If you don’t use the right abrasive sanding belt the outcome may not be what you wanted.
- Aluminum Oxide: great for most material applications.
- Silicon Carbide: great for various materials such as plastic, glass, wood, cast iron and much more
- Zirconia: designed for course to medium grit applications on metal.
- Ceramic: is designed to provide an aggressive cut under medium or high pressure metal applications.
- If you have a purchased a wet sander make sure you use a coolant with an anti-rusting agent to keep your brand spanking industrial belt sander from rusting.
- If you have an eight inch sander and larger you will need shop air to keep consistent tension on the belt. Air pressure needs to be set between 40-55 psi.
- Check all fittings weekly to make sure everything is tight and if any fitting is loose tighten them.
- If your unit has grease fittings, grease them if needed.
- Clean your abrasive belt sander after every shift to make sure it functions properly.
- If your unit is a wet unit clean the tank weekly to extend the life of the coolant and to keep the pump functioning as designed.
Again like abrasive cutoff wheels, you have many different sanding belt options for both wet and dry sanders. You will need to test various belts to get the finish that you desire. Above is a short to get the most out of your Kalamazoo Industries belt sander.
If you in the market for another heavy duty sander click here to be directed to the belt sander page and give us a call with your sanding application. We would be happy to help you find the right belt sander.
The Kalamazoo Industries Team