How to get the most out of your Kalamazoo Industries belt sander
Below you learn “How to get the most out of your Kalamazoo Industries belt sander“. Below is some important information to help you get the most out of your heavy duty Kalamazoo sander.
- Making sure you have right sander for the job. Whether it’s a dry, wet, large and or small application. To help you find the right sander for your job give us a call at (269) 382-2050.
- Have the right sanding belt for the job. If you don’t have the right belt the outcome may not be what you wanted. Dry sanding belts will not work on wet belt sanders because of the material being to manufacture the belts.
- Aluminum Oxide: great for most material applications.
- Silicon Carbide: great for various materials such as plastic, glass, wood, cast iron and much more
- Zirconia: designed for course to medium grit applications on metal.
- Ceramic: is designed to provide an aggressive cut under medium or high pressure metal applications
- If your heavy duty sander is a wet unit make sure you have the right coolant that has an anti rusting agent in the coolant so your abrasive sander doesn’t rust.
Just like abrasive cutoff wheels, you have many different sanding belt options and will require you to test various belts to get the finish that you desire. Above is a short list to help get you started.
The Kalamazoo Industries Team